- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jimmy Clausen
Capsules of the 16 NFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
Michigan State (3-0) vs. No. 22 Notre Dame (2-1), 3:30 p.m. (NBC)
After a restless night, hundreds of NFL players nervously checked their cellphones Saturday morning, cringing every time it buzzed.
Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson is expecting a lot more of himself and the Fighting Irish offense next season.
Top draft pick Cam Newton will start at quarterback for the Carolina Panthers in their second preseason game Friday.
Carolina coach Ron Rivera says Cam Newton will start Friday night's preseason game against the Miami Dolphins.
Ndamukong Suh was fined $20,000 by the NFL on Wednesday for a late hit on Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, the third penalty of its kind for the Detroit Lions defensive end in the past year.
Jimmy Clausen and Cam Newton will share snaps with the Panthers' first-team offense in the preseason opener, though Clausen will start at quarterback
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jimmy Clausen said he has been told by coach Ron Rivera that he'll start Saturday night's preseason home opener against the New York Giants.
The last thing Armanti Edwards was worried about as a rookie was throwing passes for the Carolina Panthers. His sole focus, he was told last season, was learning to play wide receiver and return punts, no easy task considering he played quarterback at Appalachian State.
Cam Newton quietly walked around as cameras swarmed Carolina's new kicker Olindo Mare. Newton peeked out from behind a lens and asked his Panthers' teammate, "How hot was it today?"
Cam Newton sweated through a workout with his new Carolina teammates Wednesday morning, hopped a flight to Washington to meet the president in the afternoon, then quickly returned to make sure he attended the final player-organized workout Thursday.
Welcome back, players.
With a new coaching staff and now Cam Newton on board as the No. 1 overall draft pick, perhaps no team benefits more from the possibly temporary end to the lockout than the Carolina Panthers.
With a new coaching staff and now Cam Newton on board as the No. 1 overall draft pick, perhaps no team would benefit more from an end to the lockout than the Carolina Panthers.
Clausen said that isn't something he's thinking about.
"It's a different philosophy and we're going to be stretching the field more," Clausen said. "We have a lot of weapons now. It's going to be fun. It's been a lot of fun this training camp."