- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Jimmy Clausen
Carolina coach Ron Rivera says Cam Newton will start Friday night's preseason game against the Miami Dolphins.
Jimmy Clausen and Cam Newton will share snaps with the Panthers' first-team offense in the preseason opener, though Clausen will start at quarterback
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jimmy Clausen said he has been told by coach Ron Rivera that he'll start Saturday night's preseason home opener against the New York Giants.
There's been suggestions over the years the Carolina Panthers can never catch a break.
As if Jimmy Clausen needed another distraction with Carolina fans dreaming about drafting Stanford star Andrew Luck to replace him, here comes Matt Ryan to town.
Carolina coach John Fox dropped his head and tossed his headset. Panthers players slumped their shoulders, then raced to console kicker John Kasay.
Less than two years after going 12-4 and winning the NFC South, the Carolina Panthers have become the front-runner in a much different competition: Securing the worst record in the NFL and the ensuing top pick in the draft.
The Carolina Panthers have scored a league-low nine touchdowns and average an NFL-worst 11.6 points a game.
Unsure of Jimmy Clausen's status because of a concussion, the Carolina Panthers have promoted quarterback Brian St. Pierre from the practice squad.
Just when rookie Jimmy Clausen and the Carolina offense finally showed some spark, albeit in another loss, the Panthers were hit with more bad news as Clausen's status for next week is uncertain because of a concussion.
The gold standard of Carolina football incompetence has been the 2001 Panthers. After winning their opener, they set an NFL record at the time by losing their final 15 games before coach George Seifert was fired.
The speed of the NFL and complex defenses were too much for Jimmy Clausen in his first stint as Carolina's starting quarterback.
The Carolina Panthers' miserable year took an even darker twist Monday when tests revealed starting quarterback Matt Moore has a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and will require season-ending surgery.
Alex Smith chuckled Wednesday when asked about Carolina's Jimmy Clausen getting benched after just three games.
Max Who? Caleb What?
Clausen said that isn't something he's thinking about.
"It's a different philosophy and we're going to be stretching the field more," Clausen said. "We have a lot of weapons now. It's going to be fun. It's been a lot of fun this training camp."