- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Latest Jimmy Howard Items
The Boston Bruins took full advantage of Detroit's mistakes, and their stellar goaltender's flawless performance.
Justin Florek and Reilly Smith scored in a three-minute span in the first period and the Boston Bruins evened their playoff series with a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings in the Game 2 on Sunday.
Two power-play goals and stingy penalty killing ended the Boston Bruins' offensive drought and tied their playoff series.
At one end of the ice, Jimmy Howard made his best save of the game. At the other, Pavel Datsyuk scored the only goal.
The Boston Bruins worked all season to get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
A capsule look at the first round of the NHL playoffs:
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will enjoy the win more than the milestone for now.
Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard felt the deciding goal shouldn't have counted in the Red Wings' 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday night.
Depleted by injuries, and maybe just due for a drop-off, the Detroit Red Wings have found their remarkable 22-season streak of reaching the playoffs in jeopardy.