- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jimmy Rollins
Cliff Lee gave up a run in three innings, outpitching fellow Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey, but Adam Lind and Dan Johnson each homered for the Toronto Blue Jays in 5-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
Jimmy Rollins hit a three-run homer in his second plate appearance of an eight-run third inning Friday, leading the Philadelphia Phillies to a 10-6 win over a Detroit Tigers split-squad.
Tossing batting practice to Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins and the rest of the Philadelphia Phillies has turned into a busy, post-retirement career for Rob Potts.
Jimmy Rollins is trying new things at Phillies spring training in Clearwater, Fla. This week he debuted a 20 pound vest to practice in.
The Phillies enter 2014 with talent across the board, but health could be their biggest concern.
The World Series ring Livan Hernandez earned with the 1997 Marlins is now up for auction along with the first ball ever thrown by a Nationals pitcher after the team moved from Montreal.
A new report says the Phillies are "very willing" to listen to offers for Jimmy Rollins, their former All-Star shortstop.
After two seasons with Jonathan Papelbon as their closer, the Philadelphia Phillies are trying to trade him.
"He's playing unbelievable," said Washington shortstop Ian Desmond. "This is the Jayson I remember playing against in Philadelphia."
Desmond was an All-Star in 2012, but an oblique injury kept him from taking part in the game. His case to be one this season is strong, and made stronger by injuries to fellow shortstops Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies (rib) and Everth Cabrera of the Padres (hamstring).
There's one certainty in the Philadelphia Phillies' lineup: Ryan Howard will bat cleanup as usual.
Carlos Gomez ran after balls hit into the outfield and zipped from base to base with the same intensity, his big new contract apparently not affecting his style of play.
The U.S. (1-1) meets Canada (1-1) in the final game of Pool D play on Sunday with the winner advancing to the second round.
The Mexicans pulled it off with a nearly flawless game, getting good pitching, solid defense and some timely hits in front of a boisterous, pro-Mexican crowd of 44,256 at Chase Field.
Jayson Werth didn't see this success as a leadoff hitter coming. How could he? With the Philadelphia Phillies his job was at the other end of the spectrum.
"It looks like the guy that was here for a number of years, a big part of our run," said Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins, who remains close friends with Werth.
"When he played, being a middle infielder and the captain of the team, he (was) already a manager," shortstop Jimmy Rollins said. "He (was) a manager on the field, game situations."