- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Joan Capdevila
Giuseppe Rossi scored twice, raising his season total to 13 goals and leading Villarreal to a 2-1 victory at Brugge on Wednesday night in the Europa League.
Villarreal triumphed with the Jersey Boys of Giuseppe Rossi and Jozy Altidore at forward, with Rossi opening the scoring in a 2-1 first-round victory over Brugge on Thursday night.
David Villa finished off a move of Spanish perfection to finally break down Portugal's defensive wall Tuesday, giving the European champions a 1-0 win and a spot in the World Cup quarterfinals.