- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
Latest Joan Plowright Items
The eponymous good stuff was the all-purpose term Jennifer Grant's father, Cary, used to describe all the nice things that make up what the French like to call "douceur de vie" - sweetness of life - and certainly her memory of life with this extraordinarily devoted father and unusually civil and civilized man is a lovely distillation of her halcyon childhood and youth.
A look at some notable words from previous Golden Globe winners.