- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Joanne Hannah
Omar Thornton sat calmly in a meeting with a union representative and his supervisors as they showed a video of him stealing beer from the distributorship where he worked. Busted, he didn't put up a fight, company officials said.
Mr. Thornton earlier said he found a picture of a noose and a racial epithet written on a bathroom wall, said Ms. Hannah, of Enfield, whose daughter Kristi had dated Mr. Thornton for the past eight years.
She said he had a pistol permit and planned to teach her daughter how to use a gun.