- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
Latest Joe Biden Items
Saturday marks the first anniversary of one of the saddest days in American history. While the families of the victims and the Newtown, Conn., community have asked the media to stay away during the memorial, gun-control activists are shamelessly using Dec. 14 to push their own agenda.
China's unilateral declaration of its new air-defense identification zone edges the already tense region closer to a possible conflict ("U.S., Chinese diplomats talk air-defense zone ahead of Biden visit," Web, Dec. 3). While it may be branded as an "early-warning system," the new ADIZ overlaps the existing zones of the Republic of China (Taiwan), South Korea and Japan, complicating aviation operations and potentially creating a new round of airspace competition.
China's recent declaration of an air-defense identification zone extending to territories it does not control is just the latest example of its jurisdictional creep that reflects a larger strategy to supplant the United States as the pre-eminent power in Asia.
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden stepped foot into the no-man's land between North and South Korea on Saturday, peering out at the furtive nation hours after it released an American tourist the regime had detained for more than a month.
Vice President Joe Biden ended his diplomatic visit in Beijing Thursday, but not before taking his son and granddaughter on an impromptu shopping excursion, courtesy of U.S. taxpayers.
China accused Japan of threatening regional stability Wednesday, less than two weeks after Beijing expanded its air defense zone around a group of East China Sea islands claimed by both Japan and China.
Joe Biden, formally known as the vice president but affectionately remembered as the Master of the Gaffe, was at it again this week, touching off a media twitter with a visit to a Tokyo cafeteria and an awkward question to five women workers.
The latest manifestation of President Obama's serial national security fraud is on display at the moment in East Asia. For much of his presidency, Mr. Obama has contended that the defense budget could be dramatically reduced because, henceforth, the United States would only need sufficient military capability to fight one war at a time.
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden voiced strong opposition Tuesday to China's new air defense zone above a set of disputed islands, showing a united front with an anxious Japan as tension in the region simmered.