- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
Latest Joe Biden Items
Vice President Joe Biden can't keep his foot out of his mouth. On Sunday, he said he "fully understands" and "is not second-guessing" Beijing's one-child-per-family policy. The remark came during an unscripted question-and-answer session with students at China's Sichuan University. An Obama administration spokesman backpedaled, claiming the vice president finds the coercive aspects of the policy - which include forced abortion and sterilization - "repugnant."
Georgetown coach John Thompson III said he has made peace with the coach of a Chinese basketball team over a bench-clearing brawl and denies the melee carried any political connotations.
The White House engaged in two furtive gambits last week that painfully exposed the Obama administration's amateurish, deceitful Middle East-Islamic policies. The first case concerned the thorny issue of Jerusalem's legal status in American law. In 1947, the United Nations ruled the holy city to be a corpus separatum (Latin for separated body) and not part of any state. All these years later and despite many changes, U.S. policy holds that Jerusalem is an entity unto itself. It ignores that in 1950, the government of Israel declared western Jerusalem to be its capital and in 1980 it declared the whole of Jerusalem to be the capital.
Hundreds of thousands of Somali children could die in the country's famine unless more help arrives, a top U.S. official said Monday as Washington prepared to announce $100 million in new famine aid.
This is Disorientation Week in Washington. From the White House to the Hill, the Democrats are trying (but not trying too hard) to come to terms with a new reality. Attitude-adjustment hour is sometimes no fun at all.
Vice President Joe Biden said Monday that fiscal conservatives "acted like terrorists" during the debt-ceiling debate. Those like the veep who fervently protest the lack of civility in American politics are the quickest to lower the bar.
The game of blindman's bluff isn't working. More and more Americans are catching on to the game. President Obama's threat to withhold Granny's Social Security check did not send millions of Grannies into the streets, walkers banging noisily against wheelchairs, leaving the wounded lying bloodied amidst splintered walking canes.
A week ago, there were so few people following the Americans they could hold their daily media sessions around a small table in their hotel lobby.
Now appearing on Twitter: Vice President Joe Biden.