- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Joe Brennan Items
The University of Iowa initially promised years of employment and benefits to a researcher who was assaulted by her supervising professor but ultimately paid her $42,000 to resign last year, according to two settlement agreements released Thursday.
Iowa's public universities have paid more than $1.3 million to resolve employment disputes since 2011, a price tag that far exceeds the cost of similar agreements that have roiled the executive branch, according to records released Wednesday.
Peyton Manning's touchdown passes, Adrian Peterson's first downs and Darrelle Revis' interceptions could combine to make someone rich this fall.