- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Joe Bugel Items
Linebacker Khary Campbell suffered a season-ending knee injury in the ninth game of 2004, his first in Washington. Every spring since, the Redskins have drafted two linebackers to threaten his job. In 2005, it was Robert McCune and Jared Newberry. In 2006, it was Rocky McIntosh and Kevin Simon. This year it was Dallas Sartz and H.B. Blades.
Joe Bugel didn't mince words yesterday about his offensive line's performance in the Washington Redskins' preseason opener at Tennessee.
Left tackle Chris Samuels is out, perhaps for another three weeks. Right guard Randy Thomas still is working his way back from knee surgery in June. After a career at right tackle, Todd Wade is trying to get the hang of a left guard spot filled the previous four years by the departed Derrick Dockery.
A long shot to make the Washington Redskins roster five days ago, Stephon Heyer got the first shot to play in Chris Samuels' vacated left tackle position yesterday afternoon.