- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Joe Girardi Items
Injured Yankees starter Phil Hughes had setback Monday in his rehabilitation from a "dead arm," cutting short a bullpen session after only about a dozen pitches.
Rafael Soriano is already learning a lot about playing for the Yankees.
Darth Vader's theme music blared from the speakers at Yankee Stadium while the team worked out under sunny skies as if the Yankees needed a reminder that they are indeed still the "Evil Empire" and not the underdogs that they have been labeled.
A seven-day disabled list for concussions wouldn't have done Aaron Hill much good when the Toronto Blue Jays second baseman missed the final four months of 2008 with the injury.
The New York Yankees completed their rotation Saturday, tabbing Ivan Nova and Freddy Garcia as starters and putting Bartolo Colon in the bullpen.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
The New York Yankees keep tinkering with their leadoff hitter.
Former New York manager Joe Torre has been invited to Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium.
Yankees reliever Joba Chamberlain has undergone an MRI exam for a strained muscle near the rib cage.