- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Joe Jordan
Normally, Rebecca Jordan will take all the free TV exposure she can get for the psychiatric hospital she has turned into a tourist attraction known as the trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.
Mere minutes before the midnight deadline, the Baltimore Orioles agreed to terms late Monday with Florida high school shortstop Manny Machado, the third overall pick in this year's amateur draft.
"By getting this one done tonight, it caps off what we think is a good draft," Jordan said. "We got the one player that we had to sign. So it's a good finish to it."