- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Joe Louis Arena
The Detroit Red Wings have revealed their elaborate plans for a new downtown arena set to open in 2017.
The city council has approved a new lease with the Detroit Red Wings for the NHL team's final years at Joe Louis Arena.
The Detroit City Council has scheduled a special meeting March 31 to vote on a new lease for Joe Louis Arena, which is slated to be replaced as venue for the National Hockey League's Detroit Red Wings.
A proposed lease before Detroit City Council would prevent ticketed events from being held at Joe Louis Arena after the Red Wings stop playing at the downtown site.
Steve Oleksy won his first championship there. Troy Brouwer played his first playoff series there. Alex Ovechkin is facing one of Russia's greatest players. Tune in to Caps-Red Wings now!
The Detroit Red Wings and city officials on Wednesday announced a $650 million plan for a new arena development for the NHL team in Detroit's downtown entertainment and sports district.
The Detroit Red Wings won their 23rd straight home game, setting an NHL multiple-season mark and holding on to beat the San Jose Sharks 3-2 Sunday.