- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Joe Maddon Items
The Tampa Bay Rays clinched their second playoff berth in three years Tuesday night, beating the Baltimore Orioles 5-0 behind another strong pitching performance by 19-game winner David Price.
Brian Matusz pitched seven impressive innings and Nick Markakis drove in two runs with a triple and a single, leading the Baltimore Orioles to a 4-0 victory over the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night.
On the 15th anniversary of the day Cal Ripken Jr. tied Lou Gehrig's major league mark for consecutive games played, the Iron Man returned to Camden Yards to celebrate the occasion.
Corey Patterson homered and had three RBIs, and the Baltimore Orioles withstood four home runs by the Tampa Bay Rays in an 8-7 victory Sunday.
Jeremy Hellickson threw six sharp innings to become the first Tampa Bay pitcher to win his first three major league starts, and the Rays beat the Baltimore Orioles 3-2 on Sunday.
Rays manager Joe Maddon says baseball should give "strong consideration" to changing ground rules at Tropicana Field if Tampa Bay reaches the playoffs.
Five no-hitters _ two of them perfect games _ and another gem that was spoiled by an umpire.
Shin-Soo Choo doesn't want to spend another minute this summer watching the Indians _ or reruns _ on TV. He's off the couch and on the field.
Rookie Wade Davis allowed one run over eight innings in another sparkling performance against the Baltimore Orioles, Evan Longoria had two hits during a seven-run third inning and the Tampa Bay Rays rolled to an 8-1 victory Monday night.