- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Joe Mauer
Joe Mauer drove in the game's first run with a first-inning single, and four Minnesota Twins pitchers combined to two-hit the Philadelphia Phillies in a 1-1 tie Sunday.
Chris Parmelee's three-run homer off left-handed reliever Jose Mijares broke open a close game in the sixth inning on Saturday, and the Minnesota Twins went on to beat the Boston Red Sox 6-2.
Five things to know about the Minnesota Twins as they start spring training camp:
For the Twins, change is a coming. Joe Mauer is switching to first base and two of the top prospects in the game are heading to Minnesota.
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Zach Parise has become the latest Minnesota sports star to be a father of twins.
Baseball officials are up front about this: They want to ban home-plate collisions to guard their investments.
Baseball officials are up front about this: They want to ban home plate collisions to guard their investments.
Brian McCann has reached a deal with the New York Yankees that will pay him $85 million over five years, with a vesting option for the sixth.
The Minnesota Twins are playing it safe with All-Star catcher Joe Mauer after having seen up close the damage concussions can do to a player.
Minnesota Twins star Joe Mauer has not considered sitting out the rest of the season to let his concussion heal.
Minnesota Twins All-Star catcher Joe Mauer has been given permission by a concussion specialist to begin a light exercise program.
Armando Galarraga now toils for the Colorado Sky Sox, a step away from the big leagues but light years removed from the night that almost was.
Mauer left the team before Tuesday night's game against the Angels to fly home to Minnesota. He made it in time for the birth of Emily and Maren early Wednesday
Widely acclaimed as the greatest reliever in baseball history, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees has been making a farewell tour in his last season before his announced retirement.
Nats' 3-4-5 hitters combined to go 2 for 15, as Washington failed to score in the final six innings.
"When I kept gathering information, to be honest with you, it wasn't really even a decision," Mauer said last month. "I kept searching to see if it was going to be OK, if it was going to be safe for me to go back there and catch, and I just wasn't finding that."
He suffered a head injury late in the season and told USA Today this about the switch last month: