- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
Latest Joe Nathan Items
Before any trades and signings, the focus of the winter meetings will be on fame.
The baseball winter meetings are starting with a look back.
When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
The Detroit Tigers agreed to terms with free agent reliever Joe Nathan on a two-year contract with a club option for 2016 on Wednesday, accomplishing one of their main objectives this offseason by adding one of baseball's most accomplished closers to the bullpen.
Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit _ and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
Derek Jeter and the Yankees worked out a $12 million, one-year deal that kept the captain from going on the open market, while Joe Nathan, Jose Veras, Ubaldo Jimenez, Kurt Suzuki and Franklin Gutierrez were among the players who became free agents Friday.
The Texas Rangers said Monday they had spoken with two teammates who were with Tanner Scheppers and have a "full understanding" of what happened when the reliever was involved in a physical altercation in Cleveland.
One by one they came out of the bullpen, hard throwers on a mission to shut down many of baseball's top hitters.
Confined to a wheelchair, unable to move his right side, Michael Weiner spoke about his brain tumor.