- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
Latest joe paterno Items
Eric Barron, a former professor and dean at Penn State University and president of Florida State University, was chosen Monday to lead Pennsylvania's largest university as it continues grappling with fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal. He'll bring with him the experience of managing a major state university known as much for its for storied athletic program as its academic mission, as well as the fallout from a sex-abuse scandal with ties to big-time college football.
The family and estate of Joe Paterno and others suing the NCAA over the penalties levied against Penn State for the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal added the university as a "nominal defendant" in the lawsuit on Wednesday.
In a story Jan. 22 about the documentary "Happy Valley" about the Penn State sexual abuse scandal, The Associated Press reported erroneously that an attorney for victims in the case, Tom Kline, had viewed and was satisfied with the film. In fact, it was Andrew Shubin, also an attorney for victims in the case, who viewed and was satisfied with the film.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Thursday:
James Franklin is the third football coach in what for many Penn State football players will be four seasons and already has left a good first impression.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State's search for a new football coach might be over.
More than two decades after a futile attempt to draw Penn State's attention as a player, the university hired the charismatic 41-year-old as its next head coach on Saturday.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Penn State University has to become involved in a lawsuit filed by Joe Paterno's family and others against the NCAA in order for parts of it to proceed, a state judge ruled Tuesday.
Bill O'Brien got a bit antsy as his introductory press conference with the Houston Texans started to drag on and a question was posed about how much he knows about his new team.