- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
Topic - Joe Straus
Gov. Rick Perry has asked lawmakers to explore establishing a location in Texas to store the state's high-level radioactive waste.
Texas House Speaker Joe Straus has ordered hearings on school cheating in the wake of a scandal that sent El Paso's former school superintendent to prison.
The West fertilizer blast that killed 15 people will face more scrutiny over the next year from lawmakers who could strengthen state regulations surrounding chemical facility safety and inspections, according to a list of House priorities released Friday.
Tea party-backed first-term state Rep. Scott Turner says he wants to unseat fellow Republican Joe Straus as speaker of the Texas House, The Austin American Statesman reported Saturday.
"I am confident that we can continue to address these issues in a responsible, bipartisan way," Straus said in a statement.
The letter was co-signed by Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and state House Speaker Joe Straus, who also appoints members of the agency's governing board.