- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
Latest Joe Torre Items
Pedro Martinez's phone has been ringing during the last two weeks.
Joe Torre was the first and last major league manager to be ejected by umpire Doug Harvey. And on the day Harvey was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Torre admitted he went looking for that final thumb.
Tightlipped and terse, Tony La Russa was a big change from Whitey Herzog when he joined the St. Louis Cardinals in 1996.
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw, manager Joe Torre and bench coach Bob Schaefer were all suspended Wednesday as a result of incidents in the team's loss to the San Francisco Giants that caused debate about the rules.
Ralph Houk, who guided the powerhouse New York Yankees of the early 1960s to two World Series championships during his 20 years as a big league manager, died Wednesday. He was 90.
Just like a long line of predecessors, Lou Piniella thought he could lead the Chicago Cubs to that elusive championship and end a drought that dates to 1908.
Los Angeles Dodgers skipper Joe Torre says he's not ruling anything out, but he doesn't anticipate managing anywhere else, including Chicago.
After all those dirt-kicking, base-tossing tantrums, Lou Piniella is going out with more of a whimper.
Los Angeles Dodgers left fielder Manny Ramirez and catcher Russell Martin are out of the starting lineup against the St. Louis Cardinals.