- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
Latest Joe Torre Items
The baseball winter meetings are starting with a look back.
Marlon Byrd moved across Pennsylvania to Philadelphia.
Lou Brock's shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Rose's bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.
Home plate collisions could become a thing of the past, along with blown calls on the bases.
Get ready for expanded instant replay for umpires' calls next year. Major League Baseball says it's virtually certain all the new systems will be in place for opening day.
Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Billy Martin and Ted Simmons also are held over from the 2010 expansion era committee ballot, while Dave Parker and Dan Quisenberry have been added. Vida Blue, Ron Guidry, Al Oliver and Rusty Staub have been dropped.
Joe Torre believes Major League Baseball is working on winning back fans' trust when it comes to cleaning up its reputation regarding performance-enhancing drugs.
The daughter of former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre made a quick-thinking save Wednesday when she caught a baby who had tumbled off of a second-floor Brooklyn apartment's fire escape, the baseball great has confirmed.
Good hands. Cristina Torre, the daughter of Major League Baseball legend Joe Torre — who won the National League All-Star recognition for his skills as catcher — saved a 1-year-old who was plummeting to his death.