- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Joe Torre Items
Marlon Byrd moved across Pennsylvania to Philadelphia.
Lou Brock's shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Rose's bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.
Home plate collisions could become a thing of the past, along with blown calls on the bases.
Get ready for expanded instant replay for umpires' calls next year. Major League Baseball says it's virtually certain all the new systems will be in place for opening day.
Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Billy Martin and Ted Simmons also are held over from the 2010 expansion era committee ballot, while Dave Parker and Dan Quisenberry have been added. Vida Blue, Ron Guidry, Al Oliver and Rusty Staub have been dropped.
Joe Torre believes Major League Baseball is working on winning back fans' trust when it comes to cleaning up its reputation regarding performance-enhancing drugs.
The daughter of former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre made a quick-thinking save Wednesday when she caught a baby who had tumbled off of a second-floor Brooklyn apartment's fire escape, the baseball great has confirmed.
Good hands. Cristina Torre, the daughter of Major League Baseball legend Joe Torre — who won the National League All-Star recognition for his skills as catcher — saved a 1-year-old who was plummeting to his death.
Replay has been in place for potential home run calls since August 2008. Selig initially wanted to add trap plays and fair/foul calls down the lines, but Joe Torre said a far larger expansion is possible.