- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Joe Willis Items
A superstorm, a nor'easter and a pair of corresponding postponements stood between D.C. United and the New York Red Bulls playing their decisive playoff contest as planned. But when the match finally unfolded Thursday at Red Bull Arena, the drama proved worth the wait.
Progress, Bill Hamid observes, is relative. And at 21 years old, the D.C. United goalkeeper is neither satisfied nor disconcerted by his evolution as a player.
Pat Onstad is, by anyone's measure, one of the all-time great goalkeepers in MLS, a decorated figure whose playing career was dotted with an enviable collection of championships and individual accolades.
For nearly three years, D.C. United's inability to win back-to-back matches has been a fitting symbol for the club's maddening inconsistency, as well as a sore subject for players, coaches and fans alike.
Joe Willis was, as D.C. United coach Ben Olsen worded it, a "question mark."
Chris Pontius scored twice, and D.C. United snapped a seven-game home winless streak with a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps at RFK Stadium on Saturday night.
Chris Pontius scored twice, and D.C. United snapped a seven-game home winless streak with a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on Saturday night.