- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: ‘We made a mistake’
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Joel Goldstein
"That D.C. insiders on a bipartisan basis think highly enough of Biden's political talents and credibility that they want him involved at a time when the nation is perilously close to the fiscal cliff, that's an impressive recognition," said Joel Goldstein, a vice presidential scholar and a professor at St. Louis University School of Law. "This is truly a historic position for a vice president to be called upon to fulfill."
"Bill Clinton is playing a historic role as a surrogate for President Obama," Mr. Goldstein said. "We have not before had a former president who was young enough, popular enough, articulate enough and motivated enough to play the role in helping a successor as President Clinton is."