- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Joel Rechlicz Items
The Washington Capitals tried just about everything.
It took just nine seconds into Rene Bourque's first shift Jan. 18 for the Washington Capitals' Matt Hendricks to challenge him to fight. On Jan. 3, then with the Calgary Flames, Bourque put Nicklas Backstrom out of the lineup with a reckless elbow to the head.
Joel Rechlicz is a hockey player right out of the 1970s, fresh with a wooden stick, a grizzled beard and tough-guy mentality. He believes in hitting first, fighting second and asking questions while serving his time in the penalty box.
Joel Rechlicz doesn't need to be told what to do when he gets onto the ice. The nickname "Recker" and his fight card at just about every level of hockey speak for themselves.