- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
Latest Joel Rechlicz Items
The Washington Capitals tried just about everything.
It took just nine seconds into Rene Bourque's first shift Jan. 18 for the Washington Capitals' Matt Hendricks to challenge him to fight. On Jan. 3, then with the Calgary Flames, Bourque put Nicklas Backstrom out of the lineup with a reckless elbow to the head.
Joel Rechlicz is a hockey player right out of the 1970s, fresh with a wooden stick, a grizzled beard and tough-guy mentality. He believes in hitting first, fighting second and asking questions while serving his time in the penalty box.
Joel Rechlicz doesn't need to be told what to do when he gets onto the ice. The nickname "Recker" and his fight card at just about every level of hockey speak for themselves.
Coming out of the NHL All-Star break, the Washington Capitals should be rested and refreshed. All-Star defenseman Dennis Wideman and call-ups Cody Eakin and Joel Rechlicz were the only ones playing over the past several days.