- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Joel Ward Items
Wayne Simmonds had two power-play goals in the first period and the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Pittsburgh Penguins for the second consecutive day, 4-3 on Sunday.
The Capitals capitalize on two early power-play goals by both Troy Brouwer and Joel Ward to win 4-2 as they come within two points of the final wild card spot.
Washington linemates Joel Ward and Jason Chimera often play in the shadow of their higher-profile teammates.
Things remain dicey for a team that has qualified for the postseason six years in a row. But Sunday's 4-2 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs at Verizon Center at least keeps hope alive.
Joel Ward gave the Capitals a 2-0 lead with this goal, a backhand shot while falling to the ice.
Joel Ward scored his second goal of the day against the Toronto Maple Leafs late in the first period.
Instant analysis of the Capitals' heart-stopping 4-3 win over the Vancouver Canucks Friday night at Verizon Center.
The Capitals have plenty of offseason questions to answer. We address some of yours in our Friday 6-pack.
Defenseman Mike Green's third-period goal lifts Washington to a much-needed victory after its 12th blown two-goal lead of the season, fifth in the third period alone. Alex Ovechkin recorded his NHL-best 45th goal and rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov had three assists in just his third NHL game.