- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Joel Ward Items
Joel Ward scored his second goal of the day against the Toronto Maple Leafs late in the first period.
Joel Ward gave the Capitals a 2-0 lead with this goal, a backhand shot while falling to the ice.
Washington linemates Joel Ward and Jason Chimera often play in the shadow of their higher-profile teammates.
Things remain dicey for a team that has qualified for the postseason six years in a row. But Sunday's 4-2 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs at Verizon Center at least keeps hope alive.
Braden Holtby gave up four goals on 18 shots and left the game. That early deficit was too much for the Capitals to overcome in a 6-4 loss to Philadelphia.
Jay Beagle was the beneficiary of a sweet dish from Joel Ward that gave the Caps a 3-2 lead against the Flyers.
Joel Ward and Eric Fehr also scored, and Braden Holtby made 36 saves for the Capitals, who won their fourth straight in their chase for one of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spots.
Ward stripped the puck off a center ice faceoff for the goal.
Alex Ovechkin looks as if he's ready to carry the Washington Capitals to one of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spots.