- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Johan Franzen
The Detroit Red Wings surely liked what they saw of their new top line Friday night.
Martin Brodeur has been the masked face of the New Jersey Devils for 20 years.
Johan Franzen has no explanation for his success in Ottawa, a place he certainly enjoys playing in.
There was something familiar about the way the checking of Mike Babcock's Detroit Red Wings smothered the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night.
Henrik Lundqvist made 19 saves for his second shutout of the Sochi Games and Carl Hagelin scored twice, helping the Swedes rout upstart Slovenia 5-0 Wednesday to advance into Olympic hockey semifinals without three of their best players.
Erik Karlsson's impressive Olympic debut demonstrated why Sweden has more than enough talent to win it all.
Johan Franzen won't play for Sweden at the Sochi Olympics because of a concussion.
The Washington Capitals are the latest team to take advantage of the Detroit Red Wings' generosity at home.
Jaroslav Halak shrugged off his shaky start to the season, making 29 saves as the St. Louis Blues won coach Ken Hitchcock's debut with a 3-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
The Detroit Red Wings swept a series during the 2008 playoffs and they ended up hoisting the Stanley Cup. They did it again the next year and fell one win short of repeating.
Detroit center Johan Franzen left the Red Wings' game against the Dallas Stars in the first period Thursday night because of an undisclosed injury .
The Detroit Red Wings expect forward Johan Franzen to miss at least three preseason games with a thigh injury.
Sidney Crosby gave Pittsburgh Penguins fans a goal, an assist and a scare in the first hockey game at Consol Energy Center.
THE DYNAMIC DUOS
DETROIT (AP) — The Detroit Red Wings would be in rough shape without Sweden.
"I like playing here," Franzen said. "We have Erik Karlsson on the other side and we grew up in the same little town, so it's always fun to play him. It's something special every time. I'm just happy to keep him from the scoreboard. It's always fun to play him."
"He tried to hit me and he couldn't move me, so I think he got a little upset," Franzen said. "I have no clue. He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. He puts his cape on and goes and flies out there. I don't know."