- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
John A. Allison
Latest John A. Allison Items
President Obama outright demagogued his way to re-election and more government control over the economy by blaming the free market for the 2008 financial crisis. Now the administration is pushing banks to make more home loans to borrowers with weaker credit by using government programs to insure them against default, at a time when the federal government is already underwriting 90 percent of mortgages.
John A. Allison is the former chairman and CEO of BB&T Corporation, where he started working in 1971. Under Mr. Allison's leadership, BB&T grew from $4.5 billion in assets to $152 billion, becoming America's 10th largest financial services company and earning the bank's chairman a spot on Harvard Business Review's list of top 100 most successful CEOs in the world.