- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
John A. Allison
Latest John A. Allison Items
President Obama outright demagogued his way to re-election and more government control over the economy by blaming the free market for the 2008 financial crisis. Now the administration is pushing banks to make more home loans to borrowers with weaker credit by using government programs to insure them against default, at a time when the federal government is already underwriting 90 percent of mortgages.
John A. Allison is the former chairman and CEO of BB&T Corporation, where he started working in 1971. Under Mr. Allison's leadership, BB&T grew from $4.5 billion in assets to $152 billion, becoming America's 10th largest financial services company and earning the bank's chairman a spot on Harvard Business Review's list of top 100 most successful CEOs in the world.