- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
Latest John Adams Items
Occasionally, an author has such an inspired notion for a book that it is well worth the read even though there is disappointment in its execution.
President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
Today is the 225th anniversary of the First Congress under the Constitution meeting in the then-capital of New York City.
New Hampshire fire officials have identified three people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a malfunction in a propane-fired furnace.
Industrial hemp would be allowed to be grown in Washington state under a measure passed Monday by the House.
James Levine will resume a full schedule of six productions at the Metropolitan Opera next season, conducting on opening night for the first time since 2010 following his recovery from a back injury that caused a two-year layoff.
The subject in this thoughtful and highly readable biography is John Dickinson, "the most underrated of all the founders."
It's the darkest of operas, a powerful and unrelentingly grim work that dares to grapple with the horrors of the Holocaust through a musical descent into the hell that was Auschwitz.
Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania are investigating the death of a woman apparently gunned down in front of her home.