- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
John Allen Muhammad
Latest John Allen Muhammad Items
Attorneys for convicted sniper Lee Boyd Malvo are asking federal judges in Virginia and Maryland to vacate his 10 life sentences for the shootings that terrorized the D.C. area for three weeks in 2002.
Convicted D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo said in a television interview that aired Thursday that he was sexually abused by John Allen Muhammad, his adult accomplice in shootings that terrorized the Washington area 10 years ago.
Ten years after the Beltway snipers terrorized the D.C. area, residents said they can remember the collective fear felt each day another death was reported and the paranoia that accompanied the most mundane errands.
Convicted D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo told actor William Shatner on a cable TV special that he and his partner tried to recruit fellow shooters for their 2002 spree and his accomplice killed one man for backing out, according to the program, which aired Thursday.
D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo said he and partner John Allen Muhammed were supposed to have had help in carrying out their attacks, which terrorized the Washington area in 2002.
In the fall of 2002, the Washington region was gripped by fear. Snipers indiscriminately targeted individuals in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
"You have become my enemy and as my enemy, I am going to kill you." So said D.C. sniper John Allen Muhammad to his then-wife of a dozen years, Mildred, in 1999.