- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest John Allen Items
Barack Obama says he’s a Christian. Good for him (and for the Gospel). But rarely has a Christian paid such obeisance to another faith and ideology. The president’s bow and scrape to Islam knows no end. That’s not so good.
An initial review by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff found that current ethics training is "appropriate," but it needs to start earlier in a flag officer's career and be reinforced more frequently.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta is to deliver to the president by Saturday a review of the Pentagon's ethics policies for senior officers in the wake of several recent scandals involving high-ranking military officials.
Jill Kelley wants the world to know that she didn't do anything wrong when she befriended top military brass.
Paula Broadwell, whose extramarital affair with CIA chief David Petraeus led to his resignation, is telling friends she is devastated by the fallout.
The way the FBI responded to Jill Kelley's complaint about receiving harassing emails, which ultimately unraveled or scarred the careers of ex-CIA Director David N. Petraeus and Marine Gen. John Allen, is the exception, not the rule.
David H. Petraeus is a genuine American hero, a man of great intellect and proven integrity, which makes the four-star general's sudden resignation for adultery very curious.
Their close ties to the military community giving them unusual access to top generals, Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley even visited the White House on separate and apparently unrelated occasions before a sex scandal brought down former CIA Director David Petraeus.
The senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee is raising questions over the FBI's legal authority to read the personal emails that revealed the extramarital affair between former CIA Director David H. Petraeus and his biographer, and led the nation's spy chief to step down last week.