- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - John Boggs
Tony Gwynn's agent says the Hall of Famer is joining movie producer Thomas Tull in an attempt to buy the San Diego Padres.
Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn is joining with movie producer Thomas Tull in an attempt to buy the San Diego Padres.
Mike Matheny fields the question that comes pretty much on a daily basis with the dexterity of the four-time Gold Glove catcher he used to be.
Adrian Gonzalez put on a Red Sox jersey for the first time and immediately said what the Fenway faithful wanted to hear.
The San Diego Padres have reached agreement to trade hometown star Adrian Gonzalez to the Boston Red Sox, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Sunday night.
The San Diego Padres are having serious discussions with Boston about trading All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez to the Red Sox, a person familiar with the talks told The Associated Press on Friday night.
The wife of retired baseball star Roberto Alomar has obtained a temporary injunction against him, following a domestic dispute over the weekend.
"I was very impressed with his vision and his passion and where he wants to take this organization," Boggs said. "Hopefully he'll be the one who ultimately will win the bidding and become the new Padres owner. There's a long road before that time and nobody is being presumptuous."
Boggs said the opportunity for Gwynn to work with Tull came out of the blue.