- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
Latest John Burgess Items
You've found the ideal house and are giddy with excitement. It has a front porch and lots of closets, a window in the kitchen and a private backyard. You're ready to sign the contract.
While inexperienced homebuyers often share stories of their naive mistakes, home sellers make their share of missteps, too. Some seller errors can be minor and may mean a slower sale or perhaps the loss of a small amount of money, but others can sabotage a sale. Here are some of the biggest mistakes home sellers make and how they can be avoided.