- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - John Cannon
A suspected drunken driver now sought by police should have been charged with DWI instead of being freed after a fatal traffic accident, a prosecutor said.
More than 100 suspected illegal immigrants were found being held hostage in a filthy Houston stash house on Wednesday, police said.
A house overflowing with more than 100 people presumed to be in the U.S. illegally was uncovered just outside Houston on Wednesday, a police spokesman said.
Houston police and federal immigration authorities rescued 108 people held against their will for several days in a squalid stash house in south Houston, officials said Wednesday.
A Houston traffic stop ended with a gunman shooting and killing a police officer and a bystander on Christmas Eve in the parking lot of a body shop, police said.
A 25-year-old fan died after tumbling about 60 feet from a fifth-floor escalator at Reliant Stadium during a preseason Houston Texans game, officials said Friday.
An intoxication manslaughter charge was filed April 10, said John Cannon, a police spokesman.
Police spokesman John Cannon says one or more suspects apparently broke into the business, killed the woman and stole about $1,000 from a cash register.