- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest John Carlson Items
As homecomings go, Dale Hunter's debut as the Washington Capitals' coach was an understated affair.
The problems that are plaguing the Washington Capitals may be more than talent-deep. They may be more than coach-deep. They may be more than performance-deep.
Alex Ovechkin flashed down the left wing and fired a scorching shot right over Henrik Lundqvist's shoulder. Vintage Ovechkin to be sure, but with the Capitals trailing by two goals to the New York Rangers in the third period it came too little too late.
The Capitals were happy to snap a four-game skid. Happy enough to play the victory music, happy enough to have some smiles.
Mathieu Perreault remembers the 2009 Calder Cup-clincher well — maybe not for the right reason.
It was an atmosphere out of a fairy tale. The Winnipeg Jets were back, playing their first NHL game at MTS Centre since transforming from the Atlanta Thrashers.
Mike Green can't seem to catch a break. Just a bit over seven minutes of ice time into his return to the Capitals' lineup Friday, the All-Star defenseman got hurt again.
It was a long 20 days for Mike Green. He missed six games and plenty of practices.
Jaroslav Halak shrugged off his shaky start to the season, making 29 saves as the St. Louis Blues won coach Ken Hitchcock's debut with a 3-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.