- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - John Coombs
"I think there's energy, and people are quite optimistic," said John Coombs, 46, a Brooklyn, N.Y., resident who was attending his first inauguration. "I can see hope on everybody's faces."
"Truth be told, we have yet to see the change," he said. "We would hope with the new administration going forward they appoint the necessary positions, starting with the commissioner, starting with the advocate and the person to oversee the recruitment. That is a great first step, but it is going to have to be constantly monitored."