- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Latest John Cornyn Items
There was a recent Republican rodeo not 5 miles from the Mexico border: The most stalwart members of the House Homeland Security Committee and Texas Gov. Rick Perry staged a field hearing in McAllen, Texas, with the immigration crisis and the fates of thousands of hopeful but illegal young immigrants at the top of their agenda. They pined for a presidential visit — and still do.
The U.S. Senate has unanimously approved U.S. District Judge Gregg Costa to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the first Texas-based federal judicial vacancy filled since Sen. Ted Cruz took office in January.
Three Senate Republicans called Tuesday for Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki to resign, following allegations of corruption and avoidable deaths at a veterans' hospital in Phoenix.
The nation's most powerful gun rights group is gathering in this heartland city this weekend in an upbeat mood, with NRA members and attendees at the group's annual meetings emboldened by a slew of policy victories and ready to press for more.
Ten federal judgeships have sat vacant in Texas for an average of nearly two years, creating a backlog of more than 12,000 cases, according to a report by two progressive advocacy groups that blame the problem on the state's U.S. senators.
Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn's bid for re-election got a boost this week from a GOP colleague and one of the top newspapers in his state.
Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Feb. 14, 2014.
Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn on Monday marked the five-year anniversary of President Obama's economic stimulus, but it was hardly a laudatory toast to the 2009 bid to restart America's infrastructure and workforce.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz sat with eyes glued to his mobile device as the chaos he provoked ensnared his Republican leaders on the Senate floor.