- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest John Cornyn Items
An amendment offered by a Texas Republican to prohibit taxpayer funds from being used by the Justice Department to conduct gunrunning investigations similar to the failed "Fast and Furious" operation passed unanimously Tuesday in the Senate with bipartisan support.
A five-inch reptile has enough power in its tiny claws to hurl thousands of Americans into unemployment lines. It shows how the greenie Obama administration places a higher value on sand-dune lizards than it does on domestic energy production and jobs.
A senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday described as "inconceivable" a Justice Department decision to promote key ATF personnel who oversaw the controversial "Fast and Furious" weapons investigation that allowed hundreds of guns to be walked into Mexico to new positions in Washington.
A senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday described as "inconceivable" a Justice Department decision to promote key Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) personnel who oversaw the controversial "Fast and Furious" weapons investigation that allowed hundreds of guns to be walked into Mexico.
The flatlining Obama economy is at the tipping point of another recession. Economic growth has plunged to a near standstill, consumer spending has hit the brakes and the pace of job layoffs is rising.
Bipartisan legislation giving prosecutors new tools to identify, investigate and prosecute criminal conduct by public officials - including an extension of the statute of limitations and an increase in maximum penalties - was approved Thursday by the Senate Judiciary Committee.
A key Senate Republican on Tuesday pressed the Justice Department to step up its enforcement of a 2009 law that requires states to provide absentee ballots to military service members and their families 45 days before elections.
Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, said Sunday it would be irresponsible for President Obama to present a last-minute proposal in the budget debate.
Two top congressional Republicans reiterated Sunday that tax increases would not be a part of any debt-ceiling deal with President Obama.