- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest John Davis Items
A longtime local business burned over the weekend, but its owner vowed Tuesday that his business will not go up in smoke.
Another former close aide to John Edwards testified Thursday about bungled efforts to keep the former presidential candidate's affair hidden from staff members, including an awkward encounter when his mistress showed up at a hotel weeks after her work filming Mr. Edwards had ended.
Indie pop outfit Georgie James is about as D.C. homegrown as they come. One half of its songwriting core, John Davis, grew up, musically speaking, on the District's celebrated Dischord Records as part of the dancey post-punk band Q and Not U.