- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - John Demjanjuk
A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected a request to restore the U.S. citizenship of a recently deceased Ohio autoworker convicted of Nazi war crimes.
John Demjanjuk, a retired U.S. autoworker who was convicted of being a guard at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp despite steadfastly maintaining over three decades of legal battles that he had been mistaken for someone else, died Saturday, his son told the Associated Press. He was 91.
Convicted of serving as a Nazi death-camp guard and in failing health at 91, John Demjanjuk still hopes he might be able to return home to Ohio, his son said after seeing his father face to face for the first time since his deportation in 2009.
Retired U.S. autoworker John Demjanjuk was convicted of thousands of counts of acting as an accessory to murder at a Nazi death camp and sentenced on Thursday to five years in prison, a groundbreaking verdict that closed one chapter in a decades-long legal battle.
John Demjanjuk's lawyer argued Thursday for his client's acquittal on 28,060 counts of accessory to murder at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp, saying the 91-year-old alleged former guard suffered as much as the Jews did at the hands of Nazis.
John Demjanjuk told a Munich state court Tuesday he would go on hunger strike unless judges pursue more evidence that he claims could exonerate him of charges he served as a Nazi death camp guard.
Samuel Kunz, one of the world's most-wanted Nazi suspects who was under indictment on allegations he was involved in killing hundreds of thousands of Jews at a concentration camp in occupied Poland, has died, a Bonn court said Monday.
The case of the retired Ohio autoworker accused of serving as a Nazi death camp guard has become increasingly dominated by the 90-year-old defendant's failing health.
John Demjanjuk, the legal thinking changed: Prosecutors were able to argue successfully that evidence of service as a death camp guard alone was enough to convict a suspect of accessory to murder.
John Demjanjuk, the legal thinking changed: Prosecutors were able to successfully argue that evidence of service as a death camp guard alone was enough to convict a suspect of accessory to murder.