- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest John Desko Items
Need a primer for this weekend's lacrosse final four? Here's a good A-to-Z start as Duke, Loyola, Maryland and Notre Dame prepare to converge upon Foxborough, Mass., for Saturday's semifinals:
Johns Hopkins and Syracuse, the truest of the bluebloods, own nine NCAA titles each, winning nearly half of the tournaments contested since the event was established in 1971. Both schools possess earnest followings, a legion of All-Americans and plenty of lore.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Virginia felt right at home whenever overtime arrived throughout the season, squeezing out four victories in extra time to propel a final four push.