- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Dowdy
Toward the end of an oversight hearing Friday concerning the D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, former youth corrections officer Keith McDaniel offered testimony that sharply questioned DYRS Director Neil Stanley's leadership, judgment, character and integrity.
More than a year has passed since D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) Director Neil Stanley overcame staunch union resistance and a bruising confirmation process to be hired to lead the troubled agency.