- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Erskine
The Capitals placed Brooks Laich on long-term injury, allowing them to add John Erskine. Michael Latta also rejoined the Caps.
After seven weeks of rehabbing his left knee, Capitals defenseman John Erskine says he's ready to bring his physical style to the Caps.
The Capitals' Christmas video shows off some of the extraordinary musical talents of Washington's favorite hockey team.
With John Erskine nearing his return and Michal Neuvirth and Brooks Laich getting closer, the Caps have some roster decisions to make.
Two weeks after his agent asked for a trade, Caps defenseman Dmitry Orlov says he wants to stay in Washington, one one condition.
With seven healthy defensemen, the Caps have sent Patrick Wey back to the Hershey Bears.
Nate Schmidt made his NHL debut this season after an injury to John Erskine, on Saturday he scored his first career goal.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].
The Capitals have used 11 different defensemen this season. Patrick Wey could be their 12th.
If the Capitals trade Marty Erat and Dmitry Orlov, should they look for a forward or defenseman in return?
The agent for Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov has asked the Capitals to trade him, saying it's the 'only humane thing to do'
Mike Green says he'll need one more day of practice before returning from a lower body bruise.
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin says it would be 'stupid' for the NHL to consider ridding itself of fighting. Do you agree?
Capitals defenseman John Erskine was hoping to return to the lineup Wednesday night against the Penguins. Now, he's not so sure.
When Schmidt signed with the Capitals last season and was sent to Hershey of the AHL, Oleksy provided something that really helped Schmidt out. When Schmidt was recalled by the Caps last week, Oleksy was there to help again.