- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest John Erskine Items
With Mikhail Grabovski and Brooks Laich sidelined by injuries the Caps could use the help of top prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov.
Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek each had two goals, and Michael Raffl and Steve Downie also scored to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 6-4 win over the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night.
Braden Holtby gave up four goals on 18 shots and left the game. That early deficit was too much for the Capitals to overcome in a 6-4 loss to Philadelphia.
Claude Giroux has put an early-season slump well behind him.
Now that Traktor Chelyabinsk is officially out of the KHL playoff chase there are already reports out of Russia that Evgeny Kuznetsov will be joining the Capitals before the end of the week.
Dmitry Orlov's hit on Brayden Schenn was a game-changer. But was it worthy of an NHL suspension?
The Capitals begin their post-Olympic schedule three points out of a playoff spot. The Panthers are tied for the third-worst record in the NHL.
Just in case Jack Hillen isn't ready, the Caps brought defenseman Julien Brouillette with them to Florida.
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin told coach Adam Oates that his father is doing better and that Ovi is ready to return to work.