- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
Latest John Finn Items
Sept. 30: Actress Angie Dickinson is 81. Singer Cissy Houston is 79. Singer Johnny Mathis is 77. Actor Len Cariou is 73. Singer Marilyn McCoo is 69. Singer Sylvia Peterson of The Chiffons is 66. Actor John Finn ("Cold Case") is 60. Guitarist John Lombardo (10,000 Maniacs) is 60. Country singer Deborah Allen is 59. Jazz singer Patrice Rushen is 58. Actor Barry Williams ("The Brady Bunch") is 58. Actress Fran Drescher is 55. Country singer Marty Stuart is 54. Actress Crystal Bernard ("Wings") is 51. Actor Eric Stoltz is 51. Rapper-producer Marley Marl is 50. Country singer Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry is 49. Singer Trey Anastasio of Phish is 48. Bassist Robby Takac of The Goo Goo Dolls is 48. Actress Monica Bellucci ("The Passion of the Christ," "The Matrix Reloaded") is 48. Actor Tony Hale ("Arrested Development") is 42. Actress Jenna Elfman is 41. Actor Ashley Hamilton is 38. Actress Lacey Chabert is 30. Actor Kieran Culkin is 29. Rapper T-Pain is 28.
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, criticized by Congress and veterans for some of his untraditional ship-namings, took the old-school route on Wednesday by naming three destroyers after war heroes.
An Alabama teacher who used a hypothetical assassination of President Obama as an example in a geometry lesson says he is sorry.