- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Latest John Hall Items
A lawyer for a California educator accused of sex crimes after a former student talked about sex-abuse allegations on YouTube said Friday that the charges are too old to be tried in court.
Looking like a graveyard is a compliment for one Manning boy's Scout project.
Swartz-Morris Media Inc. has named Vince Johnson as the new publisher at the Forsyth County News.
A California judge issued an arrest warrant Tuesday for Titus Young after the former Detroit Lions wide receiver missed a fourth court hearing on charges of burglary and attempted burglary.
The Very Rev. John R. Hall, a 38-year veteran of Church of England service, was in Washington last month to strengthen ties with the National Cathedral and to cultivate more friends for Westminster Abbey on this side of the Atlantic.
Federal investigators want to know why a freight train streaking across the Oklahoma Panhandle on Sunday failed to pull into a siding and instead charged down the main line and collided head-on with another train approaching from the opposite direction.
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to lead the D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development had an affair with a subordinate at his last job in Philadelphia but was hired anyway after an investigation debunked claims that he offered her preferential treatment, officials said.
Former head of the D.C. Housing Authority Michael Kelly will return to the District as the director of the Department of Housing and Community Development, replacing John Hall, Mayor Vincent C. Gray announced Monday.
Conservative politicians — no less than their liberal counterparts — need campaign music, familiar tunes with lyrics that easily imprint an audience with a desired message. But for every act like Brooks & Dunn, whose "Only in America" has been adopted by candidates of both parties without objection, there are many more eager to bar politicians from using their music — be it for philosophical reasons or to gain cred from liberal fan bases.