- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
Topic - John Hamre
"We're not going to communicate with them when we use concepts like Air Sea Battle, or A2/D2 [or] R2/D2," said John Hamre, president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Those aren't concepts that Americans understand. Americans are trying to understand purposes and goals and directions."
Two years later, he told a secret session of the House Armed Services Committee, "We are at war - right now.