- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Latest John Harbaugh Items
Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh may not have to look far to find his new offensive coordinator.
Joe Cipiti, the grandfather of NFL coaching brothers Jim and John Harbaugh, has died. He was 98.
This is the time of year when John Harbaugh usually gets his team ready for the postseason. On this day, however, he was stuck with explaining what went wrong during an 8-8 season that caused Baltimore to miss the playoffs for the first time in his six years as an NFL head coach.
The only way the Ravens can qualify for the playoffs is as the second AFC wild-card team. Baltimore must beat Cincinnati and hope either Miami (8-7) or San Diego (8-7) loses or ties, or, in a stretch, the Ravens can make it with a loss if San Diego and Miami also lose and Pittsburgh (7-8) ties or loses.
Tucker made six field goals, including a franchise-record 61-yarder with 38 seconds left that lifted Baltimore to an 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions in a Monday night matchup with major postseason implications.
Just a month ago, the defending Super Bowl champions were 4-6. Now they're in command of the final AFC wild card and still in the running for another division title.
The defending Super Bowl champions are riding their first winning streak since September, a two-game run that has put them atop the scramble for the AFC's second wild-card slot. Baltimore and Miami are both 6-6, but the Ravens own the tiebreaker by virtue of their 26-23 victory over the Dolphins in October.
The last time the Baltimore Ravens played on Thanksgiving, coach John Harbaugh gathered the family together for a game against brother Jim and the San Francisco 49ers. Two years later, Harbaugh and the Ravens will spend the holiday with their most bitter rival.
It's been this kind of season for the defending Super Bowl champs: A tough-to-take overtime loss in Chicago became even more painful for the Baltimore Ravens when general manager Ozzie Newsome became too ill to take the flight home.