- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest John Hawkins Items
Former Barbour County Sheriff John Hawkins is scheduled to be sentenced June 11 on a mail fraud charge.
The Barbour County Commission has appointed an interim sheriff to replace John Hawkins, who resigned after pleading guilty to a fraud charge.
Barbour County Sheriff John Hawkins resigned Thursday and pleaded guilty to a federal charge that he staged an automobile accident to receive an insurance payment of nearly $8,300.
As wildfires rage across Southern California, Sen. Barbara Boxer offered a solution: Address climate change and such devastating fires won't occur.