- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Topic - John Henry Cardinal Newman
Pope Francis has named Fr. Robert Byrne as a new auxiliary bishop of the Birmingham archdiocese, leading the Oratorian priest to praise the examples of the Pope and of Bl. John Henry Newman.
The Vatican on Sunday declared Pope Benedict XVI's four-day visit to Britain a "great success," saying the pontiff was able to reach out to a nation wary of his message and angry at his church's sex abuse scandal.
VATICAN CITY — British Prime Minister Tony Blair held private talks with Pope Benedict XVI yesterday, stoking speculation he might convert to Catholicism after he steps down this week after a decade in power.
"When you start viewing the human being as mystery instead of problem, as transcendent in worth instead of immanent in worth… only good can come from this," he said. "It’s always better to overestimate human worth and dignity than to underestimate it."
He said every university with a strong liberal arts curriculum has some religious studies offerings and transcendent perspectives already have a place at the university