- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - John Henry
Roy Hodgson's six-month reign as Liverpool manager ended Saturday with former title-winning player and boss Kenny Dalglish put in charge until the end of the season.
Liverpool owner John Henry did not consult manager Roy Hodgson before appointing Damien Comolli to a new role of director of soccer strategy.
The wife of Liverpool owner John Henry made sure she was ready to mix with the fans on her first visit to the English club after finding a new use for Twitter _ taking singing lessons from loyal supporters.
Liverpool owner John Henry pledged Friday to strengthen his squad rather than allow top players to leave the struggling Premier League club.
John Henry has cautioned that his Boston Red Sox ownership group will not throw cash at reviving fallen English giant Liverpool.
Liverpool players met John Henry and New England Sports Ventures executives on Saturday, a day after the group won a courtroom fight for ownership of the relegation-threatened team.
Liverpool players met their new owner Saturday as attention turned from the long and bitter boardroom fight to the fortunes of the relegation-threatened team.
After reviving the pride of New England, John Henry and Tom Werner will try to resuscitate one of Old England's most famous soccer teams.
Liverpool was sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox on Friday after a bitter trans-Atlantic court fight with the previous American owners over the storied English soccer club.
Liverpool's owners are withdrawing their Texas court order blocking the sale of the Premier League club but could still find a way to stop the proposed 300 million pound ($476 million) takeover by the owners of the Boston Red Sox.
As the bitter fight over Liverpool prepared to resume in a Texas court, Boston Red Sox owner John Henry vowed Friday to fight a "last desperate attempt" by the owners to hang onto the Premier League club and block his takeover.
Legendary Liverpool manager Bill Shankly was a man of wise words.
The Boston Red Sox owners have tried their hand at auto racing, golf, U.S. college sports and _ of course _ baseball.
"We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season," Henry said. "Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers _ three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."
"We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager," Henry said.